A Methodist Way of Life – our commitment
In April 2021 the Wantage and Abingdon Circuit is launching A Methodist Way of Life.Thisprovides a set of commitments and practices that encourage and equip people to better live a Christian life.
The commitments are fourfold: Worship, Learning and Caring, Service, and Evangelism. For each there are three ways to live out the commitment.
- We will pray daily
- We will worship with others regularly
- We will look and listen for God in scripture and the world.
Learning and Caring
- We will care for ourselves and those around us
- We will learn more about our faith
- We will practise hospitality and generosity
- We will help people in our communities and beyond
- We will care for creation and all God’s gifts
- We will challenge injustice
- We will speak of the love of God
- We will live in a way that draws others to Jesus
- We will share our faith with others
Questions to ask ourselves and share together
- What is the pattern of your prayer life?
- How easy or hard do you find it to pray?
- What has spoken to you recently in worship or in the Bible?
- When, lately, have you felt close to God or distant from God?
Learning and Caring:
- How have you practised generosity since we last met?
- How have you shown hospitality to others recently?How are you caring for yourself?
- How and what are you learning now?
- How are you seeking to serve others in your communities and beyond? What has helped or hindered you in your service of others?
- How are you caring for God’s creation?
- How are you using God’s gifts (including your financial resources)?
- What issues of injustice are you currently concerned about? What are you doing in response?
- When was the last time you were able to talk about God?
- What opportunities to share your faith have there been since we last met?
- How have you responded to opportunities to share your faith?Is there anyone you might invite to consider the Christian faith?